By E. Bruce Nauman
The vintage reference, now improved and updated
Chemical Reactor layout, Optimization, and Scaleup is the authoritative sourcebook on chemical reactors. This new moment variation consolidates the newest details on present optimization and scaleup methodologies, numerical tools, and biochemical and polymer reactions. It offers the excellent instruments and knowledge to assist readers layout and specify chemical reactors expectantly, with cutting-edge talents. This authoritative advisor:
- Covers the basics and ideas of chemical reactor layout, besides complicated themes and purposes
- provides options for facing various actual houses in reactors of all kinds and reasons
- contains a thoroughly new bankruptcy on meso-, micro-, and nano-scale reactors that addresses such themes as axial diffusion in micro-scale reactors and self-assembly of nano-scale constructions
- Explains the strategy of fake transients, a numerical answer process
- contains feedback for additional studying, difficulties, and, while acceptable, scaleup or scaledown issues on the finish of every bankruptcy to demonstrate commercial purposes
- Serves as a prepared reference for defined formulation, rules, and knowledge
this can be the definitive hands-on reference for training pros and a very good textbook for classes in chemical reactor layout. it's a vital source for chemical engineers within the technique industries, together with petrochemicals, biochemicals, microelectronics, and water treatment.Content:
Chapter 1 hassle-free Reactions in excellent Reactors (pages 1–40):
Chapter 2 a number of Reactions in Batch Reactors (pages 41–87):
Chapter three Isothermal Piston move Reactors (pages 89–127):
Chapter four Stirred Tanks and Reactor combos (pages 129–161):
Chapter five Thermal results and effort Balances (pages 163–197):
Chapter 6 layout and Optimization reviews (pages 199–224):
Chapter 7 becoming cost facts and utilizing Thermodynamics (pages 225–277):
Chapter eight actual Tubular Reactors in Laminar circulate (pages 279–321):
Chapter nine Packed Beds and Turbulent Tubes (pages 323–354):
Chapter 10 Heterogeneous Catalysis (pages 355–384):
Chapter eleven Multiphase Reactors (pages 385–431):
Chapter 12 Biochemical response Engineering (pages 433–460):
Chapter thirteen Polymer response Engineering (pages 461–512):
Chapter 14 Unsteady Reactors (pages 513–533):
Chapter 15 place of dwelling Time Distributions (pages 535–574):
Chapter sixteen Reactor layout at Meso?, Micro?, and Nanoscales (pages 575–600):
Read Online or Download Chemical Reactor Design, Optimization, and Scaleup, Second Edition PDF
Similar chemical books
The growth in laptop expertise over the last 10-15 years has enabled the functionality of ever extra particular quantum mechanical calculations on the topic of constitution and interactions of chemicals. even though, the qualitative versions touching on digital constitution to molecular geometry haven't improved on the comparable velocity.
Chemical Modelling: functions and conception contains serious literature stories of all facets of molecular modelling. Molecular modelling during this context refers to modelliing the constitution, homes and reactions of atoms, molecules and fabrics. each one bankruptcy presents a selective evaluate of contemporary literature, incorporating enough ancient standpoint for the non-specialist to achieve an realizing.
Chosen Readings in Chemical Kinetics covers excerpts from 12 papers within the box of common and gas-phase kinetics. The e-book discusses papers at the legislation of connexion among the stipulations of a chemical swap and its volume; at the response speed of the inversion of the cane sugar by way of acids; and the calculation in absolute degree of pace constants and equilibrium constants in gaseous platforms.
Bargains with the layout of apparatus for accomplishing chemical reactions. It acknowledges that reactors has to be designed even if information or rigorous layout strategies aren't to be had and indicates attainable techniques to such occasions. A survey of the idea and terminology of kinetics is incorporated
- Handbook of Emergency Response to Toxic Chemical Releases. A Guide to Compliance
- W Tungsten: Metal, Chemical Reactions with Metals Zinc to Lawrencium
- Fluid Mixing II. A Symposium Organised by the Yorkshire Branch and the Fluid Mixing Processes Subject Group of the Institution of Chemical Engineers and Held at Bradford University, 3–5 April 1984
- Elevated Temperature Coatings: Science and Technology IV
- Andean Magmatism: Chemical and Isotopic Constraints
- Advances in Chemical Physics: Aspects of Chemical Evolution: XVIIth Solvay Conference on Chemistry Washington, D.C., April 23-April 24, 1980, Volume 55
Additional info for Chemical Reactor Design, Optimization, and Scaleup, Second Edition
Special formulas are needed for special cases. One way of treating a special case is to do a separate derivation. For the current problem, perfect initial stoichiometry means b = a throughout the reaction. 29. An alternative way to find a special formula for a special case is to apply L’Hospital’s rule to the general case. 32 has an indeterminate form of the 0/0 type. 29. Any Single Reaction in an Ideal Batch Reactor The above results are directly useful when the batch reaction time t is known and a(t) is sought.
3 are different ways of expressing the overall mass balance for a flow system with variable inventory. In steady-state flow, the derivatives vanish, the total mass in the system is constant, and the overall mass balance simply states that input equals output. In batch systems, the flow terms are zero, the time derivative is zero, and the total mass in the system remains constant. 3 when unsteady reactors are treated in Chapter 14. Until then, the overall mass balance merely serves as a consistency check on more detailed component balances that apply to individual substances.
2. The reaction mass constitutes a single, fluid phase. 3. Mixing and heat transfer are sufficient to assure that the batch remains completely uniform in temperature and composition throughout the reaction cycle. 4. The operating temperature is held constant. A batch reactor has no input or output of mass after the initial charging. The amounts of individual components may change due to reaction but not due to flow into or out of the system. 22 constitutes the reactor design equation for an ideal batch reactor.
Chemical Reactor Design, Optimization, and Scaleup, Second Edition by E. Bruce Nauman